If you love trendy houseplants, then you’ve got to check out the Thai Constellation Monstera! These beauties are very popular right now and probably will be for a long time. Thai Constellations have the classic Monstera leaves, but theirs are variegated.
The leaves have cream and green marbled patterns, a mutation caused by a lack of chlorophyll. The cream-colored splatter on its green leaves resembles a starry night sky, which gave it the name “Constellation.” But because we deep dive into Thai Constellation Monstera care, let’s talk about where it came from.
The Thai Constellation is a yellow-to-white-variegated Monstera Deliciosa that was first developed in a laboratory. Specifically, it was developed in a tissue culture laboratory in Thailand, hence the name.
Unlike most plant origins that can be traced to several different places, this plant can be traced back to exactly one place in the world. This makes the Thai Constellation very rare and sometimes hard to get your hands on. (The tradescantia nanouk is another plant that can be traced back to a single lab, but it isn’t nearly as rare.)
The Monstera Deliciosa is the parent plant of the Thai Constellation, so its origins can give us a lot of insight into what kind of care it needs. The Monstera Deliciosa is native to tropical regions in Central America, from southern Mexico down to Panama.
Both the Thai Constellation and the Monstera Deliciosa are upward climbing shrubs that thrive on humidity, warmth, and bright, indirect light. However, while it has a lot in common with the Monstera Deliciosa, it grows much slower and is a lot more picky about some conditions.
SHIPPING POLICY – Nursery Plants (Bangkok)
** Please read and understand our policy carefully before purchasing **
** Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are confused about our policy, have any questions, are dissatified, looking for suggestions or for any other request. We will try our best to resolve your problem within 48 hours **
WORKING TIMES : Monday – Sunday, 09:00am – 09:00pm.
– We are shipping FULL FORM plants with Spagmoss covered roots, taking the very best care to ensure the plant stays alive and strong until it is delivered to you. We ship worldwide via our Trusted Express Courier (delivery approx 7 – 14 days from shipment date) with dispatch 5-7 days after payment is received.
Shipping Cost : US$85 for first item plus US$10 for every additional item (including PHYTOSANITARY CERTIFICATE)
One box can hold 1-12 items (depending on plant size)
We are happy to combine multiple purchases in one box to save you shipping costs.
* Please check the weather and customs law/shipping regulations at your location, as we can’t be held responsible for products being stopped, confiscated, destroyed or subject to additional import duty by customs. We also can’t be held responsible for damage due to adverse weather conditions as well as the weathers effect on future plant growth *
** For Customers in the United States who would like to purchase more than 12 plant products, we require you to send a copy of the import permit paperwork from USDA so we can provide the Phytosanitary Certificate to you. For shipments below 12 plant products there is no requirement for import permit paperwork **
*** For Customers in the EU (excluding United Kingdom) Please note there is a $50 additional fee to process the import documentation ***
REFUND AND REPLACEMENT
– In case a plant is dead on arrival within 15 days after shipping, please send us a photo for approval to request replacement/refund, but not later than 15 days after shipping.
– For replacements, we will replace the plant free of charge to you (excluding shipping cost)
– For refunds, we will refund the price of the plant to you (excluding any shipping cost)
– In case of a lost package or tracking (over 45 days) please check your tracking number on the courier website. If the package is still in delivery process or has been stopped at customs, it is out of the scope of our guarantee refund.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a living plant, it will be placed in a dark box without sunlight during shipping so it may have imperfections or yellowed leaves upon arrival. Please be allow some time to grow it back and please don’t stress either yourself or the plants 🙂