Calathea Ornata is a plant that is seen in many tropical climates such as Thailand. There are several members of the same family and they are all known for their large leaves, all of which have patterns that are extremely noticeable whilst their colors are stunning.
The leaf of the Pin-Stripe Calathea grows at the end of long stems that require the right care and location in order to continue looking as healthy as possible. If kept indoors the plant will not grow much larger than 2ft wide or 2ft tall.
This is a plant that looks attractive indoors but it is also possible to keep outdoors and can bring many different areas to life such as patio’s, porches and decking. It can also be planted in beds and borders. Due to its foliage, this is a superb plant to put among other plants that have large foliage.
This is a popular plant with attractive leaves and colors but the plant does not flower very often indoors. However, it is a gorgeous species with dark green and glossy looking leaves (green with pink stripes). This is a plant that has leaves with a pattern (veins) that could be classed as feathered and in some cases it has a pink hue to it.
To add to its uniqueness, the underside of the leaf has a beautiful reddish purple color. This is a plant that grows in an upright position. It grows actively between the months of March to October as a result of moist soil.
The pink stripes will turn white when the plant ages.
SHIPPING POLICY – Nursery Plants (Bangkok)
** Please read and understand our policy carefully before purchasing **
** Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are confused about our policy, have any questions, are dissatified, looking for suggestions or for any other request. We will try our best to resolve your problem within 48 hours **
WORKING TIMES : Monday – Sunday, 09:00am – 09:00pm.
– We are shipping FULL FORM plants with Spagmoss covered roots, taking the very best care to ensure the plant stays alive and strong until it is delivered to you. We ship worldwide via our Trusted Express Courier (delivery approx 7 – 14 days from shipment date) with dispatch 5-7 days after payment is received.
Shipping Cost : US$85 for first item plus US$10 for every additional item (including PHYTOSANITARY CERTIFICATE)
One box can hold 1-12 items (depending on plant size)
We are happy to combine multiple purchases in one box to save you shipping costs.
* Please check the weather and customs law/shipping regulations at your location, as we can’t be held responsible for products being stopped, confiscated, destroyed or subject to additional import duty by customs. We also can’t be held responsible for damage due to adverse weather conditions as well as the weathers effect on future plant growth *
** For Customers in the United States who would like to purchase more than 12 plant products, we require you to send a copy of the import permit paperwork from USDA so we can provide the Phytosanitary Certificate to you. For shipments below 12 plant products there is no requirement for import permit paperwork **
*** For Customers in the EU (excluding United Kingdom) Please note there is a $50 additional fee to process the import documentation ***
REFUND AND REPLACEMENT
– In case a plant is dead on arrival within 15 days after shipping, please send us a photo for approval to request replacement/refund, but not later than 15 days after shipping.
– For replacements, we will replace the plant free of charge to you (excluding shipping cost)
– For refunds, we will refund the price of the plant to you (excluding any shipping cost)
– In case of a lost package or tracking (over 45 days) please check your tracking number on the courier website. If the package is still in delivery process or has been stopped at customs, it is out of the scope of our guarantee refund.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a living plant, it will be placed in a dark box without sunlight during shipping so it may have imperfections or yellowed leaves upon arrival. Please be allow some time to grow it back and please don’t stress either yourself or the plants 🙂