Hoya Caudata Big Leaves is a vining epiphyte best described as a tropical and terrestrial plant that uses other plants and trees to grow long and spread. It is native to southern Thailand, Peninsular Malaysia, Singapore, Sumatra, and Borneo, where it usually grows on rocks and stream beds.
The Caudata prefers in-direct sunlight where the temperature ranges between 60 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit (15 to 35 degrees Celsius) and loves well-draining soil. Hoya Caudata is fond of high humidity (more than 60%), but it can also withstand low moisture for a limited time.
The word Caudata in the plant name refers to ‘having a tail or caudate’; it also describes the long pointed foliage and the anther appendage. Hoya Caudata was one of the last species of Hoya to be discovered in 1883 by Thomas Hoya.
Hoya Caudata preferably grows in a hanging basket as it tends to grow in length and trail up the windows. Hoya Caudata has some of the most wonderful leaves on a Hoya that I have seen. It is a native of Thailand and Malaysia where it scrabbles over rocks in moist conditions. The flowers are hairy and really cute, but the biggest reason to grow the plant is for the gorgeous leaves. The flowers are realatively short lived 4-5 days for me, but will bloom multiple times from the same peduncle.
SHIPPING POLICY – Nursery Plants (Bangkok)
** Please read and understand our policy carefully before purchasing **
** Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are confused about our policy, have any questions, are dissatified, looking for suggestions or for any other request. We will try our best to resolve your problem within 48 hours **
WORKING TIMES : Monday – Sunday, 09:00am – 09:00pm.
– We are shipping FULL FORM plants with Spagmoss covered roots, taking the very best care to ensure the plant stays alive and strong until it is delivered to you. We ship worldwide via our Trusted Express Courier (delivery approx 7 – 14 days from shipment date) with dispatch 5-7 days after payment is received.
Shipping Cost : US$85 for first item plus US$10 for every additional item (including PHYTOSANITARY CERTIFICATE)
One box can hold 1-12 items (depending on plant size)
We are happy to combine multiple purchases in one box to save you shipping costs.
* Please check the weather and customs law/shipping regulations at your location, as we can’t be held responsible for products being stopped, confiscated, destroyed or subject to additional import duty by customs. We also can’t be held responsible for damage due to adverse weather conditions as well as the weathers effect on future plant growth *
** For Customers in the United States who would like to purchase more than 12 plant products, we require you to send a copy of the import permit paperwork from USDA so we can provide the Phytosanitary Certificate to you. For shipments below 12 plant products there is no requirement for import permit paperwork **
*** For Customers in the EU (excluding United Kingdom) Please note there is a $50 additional fee to process the import documentation ***
REFUND AND REPLACEMENT
– In case a plant is dead on arrival within 15 days after shipping, please send us a photo for approval to request replacement/refund, but not later than 15 days after shipping.
– For replacements, we will replace the plant free of charge to you (excluding shipping cost)
– For refunds, we will refund the price of the plant to you (excluding any shipping cost)
– In case of a lost package or tracking (over 45 days) please check your tracking number on the courier website. If the package is still in delivery process or has been stopped at customs, it is out of the scope of our guarantee refund.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a living plant, it will be placed in a dark box without sunlight during shipping so it may have imperfections or yellowed leaves upon arrival. Please be allow some time to grow it back and please don’t stress either yourself or the plants 🙂